First week of the first edition of our #BIFINCS16 Program (Brightlands Innovation Factory Incubation Spring 2016) is slowly coming to an end. It has been a week full of new learnings, experiences, new challenges and changes. We decided to share our best and most surprising moments — WEEKLY WOWs, with all of you. From now on, each week on Friday, you will get a chance to keep up to date with all the most exciting moments in our program and keep track of the progress of our startups. This week we nominate three WOWs.
“You will get a chance to keep up to date with all the most exciting moments in our program and keep track of the progress of our startups.”
Although all of our startups arrived last week, only this week they started working fully on improving their entrepreneurial ideas. They touched upon two topics: Business Model Canvas and Customer Developments. We see WOW #1 in the huge commitment of all our participants, in the progress they made, and countless customer interviews they conducted this week.
All of the startups had a big task of mastering their one-liners — a sentence, which perfectly describes their business idea. Although the one-liner will keep on improving in the upcoming 6 weeks, we are proud to introduce you to our astonishing startups.
1. Device Company: Real-time analysis of substances on the existence and composition of drugs using near infrared spectroscopy.
2. Rementis: Keeping people who suffer from dementia longer at home, by integrating technology into a care innovation that simplifies daily routine.
3. Innovation Concepts: CO2 to products — CO2 as feedstock to produce minerals with applications in concrete, paper polymer and vitamin industry.
4. Topologx: Circular manufactured metal powder alloys for additive manufacturing and knowledge better price/performance and traceability in the product life cycle.
5. Krasue: A science-based electronic coaching system, which reduces threads and highlights the best individual strategies.
6. BioFab: 3D printing materials and equipment to print scaffolds and tissues to produce organs. (A bioprinter that increases the life of a human by 50%.)
On Tuesday we had an honor to welcome the Dutch Prince Constantijn, the Startup Envoy to StartupDelta. Our CEO, Hugo Delissen, got a chance to talk to the Prince Constantijn about the future potentials of Brightlands Innovation Factory in the Dutch Startup Ecosystem. Our startups could briefly pitch their ideas to the Prince Constantijn, and have a casual chit chat. We can tell you — the future looks promising!
Last but not least, each week our Venture Experts and Strategic Partners will be giving masterclasses to our startups, teaching them venture essentials. This week, we are absolutely “wow-ed” by the quality of masterclasses and we would like to thank one of the “big four” — EY, for the great Business Model Canvas masterclass, and our Director of Strategy and Investments — Leon Klinkers for insights into Customer Developments.
We are excited to see the progress of the #BIFINCS16 companies, and we promise to keep you updated every week. Stay tuned!